Restaurants as freelance work spaces…
Preston Pesek, Co-founder/CEO of Spacious (transforming unused space into a city-wide network of stylish, productive workspaces where you can meet, work, and get stuff done) joins Thomas Kutzman and Scott Pollack in the MouthMedia Network studios powered by Sennheiser. Presented by Prevu.
In this episode:
- How the way people think about office space has changed
- Spacious as a heavyweight of co-working world
- The goal for the user experience of product to be as frictionless as possible
- The ability to walk in and check in without a reservation
- Seamless instant connection to the community, space, WiFi, etc.
- Is Spacious more co-working or coffee shop? (Somewhere in between)
- How Spacious was conceived
- Doing business with restaurant tenants, that was perfect place to enter the market as a start
- Value prop for a restaurant space – monthly check, marketing exposure, fill space with room full of people who will be hungry when service begins
- Frat culture of co-working vs. higher end vibe at Spacious spaces, attracting more sophisticated/stylish members
- Individual workers vs. enterprise play
- Fantastic upgrade from a coffee shop
- Establishing consumer brand as B-to-C first, then B-to-B, end user is who focused on from experience perspective
- Creating a nighttime network for after-5pm spaces
- Balancing supply and demand
- How Spacious can spin spaces up and down quickly, ability to be responsive to changes in marketplace without big spends
- Being able to manage how grow footprint in a balanced way
- Is Spacious a tech company or a real estate company?
- Internal company is a tech company
- Being a geek around cities of architecture